Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Meenie Meenie is offline

Default Need help with "blank" in formula

I must be doing something wrong... I entered this formula and it did make the
cell blank instead of showing 0.00%, but when I went to the 1st sheet and
entered a number, on the 2nd sheet it still remained blank.
<sigh

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=IF(A2="","",A2)

replace A2 with your data

Peo Sjoblom

"Meenie" wrote in message
I'm doing a formula that takes info from a worksheet in one workbook and
copies it to another worksheet in another workbook.
My formula looks like this: =('[9-07 Chart Audit Compliance
CC.xls]CVT'!$C$19) and it works fine except for one thing. If the cell I'm
taking the info from is empty, it puts 0.00% in the worksheet I'm copying
to.
Each cell is added and an average is taken and the 0.00% changes the
average!
What can I add to the formula to make the cell blank if the cell I'm
copying
is blank?
Boy I hope this makes sense :)

The workbook goes for a month at a time but we want to see the averages
each
week and the 0%'s make that number incorrect until you get to the end of
the
month and all the cells are filled.

ALSO is there a way to make the formulas fill in correctly instead of
having
to enter each one one at a time? (I click in the cell, type =( then go to
the
cell I'm copying and click it, hit enter, and the formula for THAT cell
goes
in.
If I drag it, it doesn't change like it does in a regular workbook where
the
info is in the same worksheet... (I know, that's two questions for the
price
of one :D )

thanks, Meenie