Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] ermabom@gmail.com is offline

Default Counting unique values and subtracting those of no interest

I have a column of client names with some that I don't want to count.
I am able to count the number of unique clients. Is there a way to
exclude the names I don't want from the count of the total clients? I
need to wild card the names I don't want as they are entered in
multiple ways. So essentially I want a formula that will answer the
question:
How many unique clients do I have excluding any with 'ABC' in their
name?

Thanks