Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Derek Derek is offline

Default Value match within date range

Hi All

Could anyone help wih this formula calculation

i am trying to establish whether a machine that i refurbished (has a 12
month warranty) has failed (been returned to me and logged) during that
warranty period, the data i have to work with is the serial number of the
equipment plus the date it was refurbished.

Therefore i would like to perform a serial number match over the last 12
months per month as all equipment is returned to me for repair.

Data i have is:

"With costs" worksheet, "Serial no" column and "Date" of the refurb column
(among others, but i figure i will only need these two columns for the
calculation)

The sheet i want to put the data onto has the 12 months of the year Jan -
Dec ("Monthly") so that i can see how many failures during Jan how many
during Feb etc

Hopefully someone can understand my bad explanation :)

Many thanks

Derek