Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sarah (OGI) Sarah (OGI) is offline

Default SUMIF multiple criteria

Thanks for your prompt response. That works a treat!

In another cell, what would I need to enter to sum cells C5:C750 where
D5:D750 DO NOT equal zero or #N/A. When I use the following formula
(adopting the solution you suggested), the result identifies a) all the cells
in column C where cells in column D do not equal zero and b) all the cells in
column C where cells in column D do not equal #N/A, and combining the
results, i.e. it's duplicating the results because there is multiple criteria.

=SUMIF('Business Both Years'!D5:D750,"<0",'Business Both
Years'!C5:C750)+SUMIF('Business Both Years'!D5:D750,"<#N/A",'Business Both
Years'!C5:C750)

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use a pair of SUMIF()s

=SUMIF(criteria1) + SUMIF(criteria2)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

"Sarah (OGI)" wrote:

I've written the formula below, but I'm getting a result of zero. I'm trying
to sum cells C5:C750 where cells D5:D750 are equal to either a zero or an
#N/A value.

By just specifying the zero or just specifying the #N/A, I get the correct
result, but I need to combine the two.

=SUMIF('Business Both Years'!D5:D750,"0"&"#N/A",'Business Both Years'!C5:C750)

Any ideas?