David McRitchie

Hi Greegan,
I'm not sure you are asking what you really want, seems you would
want the cell below anything else used in the column, rather than the
first available empty cell. i.e. every fifth row is empty.

Yours is not actually a worksheet functions questions and since
this is not programming group, you might want to read the following
if not familiar with installing and using macros:

Might consider something along the lines the following macro
that I use as a toolbar button
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ars.htm#macros
of this which takes you to the bottom of the column and then up the an
entry and offset down 1 to the next cell.

Sub GotoBottomOfCurrentColumn()
'Tom Ogilvy 2000-06-26
Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select
End Sub

you can modify to go down to next cell

Sub GotoBottomOfCurrentColumn_Plus1()
'Tom Ogilvy 2000-06-26
Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Select
End Sub

Within your own macro you might to this *without* changing the active cell

Cells(Rows.Count, Range("A1").Column).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = "** New Entry**"

Some of the things like changing the active cell to avoid can
be seen in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

Getting the correct answer to a question you ask is normally what
you will get. It takes a bit of work to ask the question you want to ask.
By the time you ask the question exactly the way you want, considering
additional obstacles and how to work around them, you will
find you can answer and program for most of your own questions.
Good Luck.
---
HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.

"Myrna Larson" wrote...
Range("A1").End(xlDown).Select

But review the message in the programming newsgroup for caveats about not
selecting and activating things when you don't have to.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:41:33 -0600, "Greegan" wrote:

Now I know i could select ctrl down arrow to select the last cell and then
arrow down again to select the next cell.
If I record this it suggests I am selecting specific cells.
My issue with that is that column A will have a different number of rows
occupied by text and whatnot.
Is there a command or something that would select the first blank cell in
column A?

Thank you in advance. You guys are always willing to give an answer.