Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Database Formula Criteria Problem

I'm not familiar with db functions, and I'm not sure why it's happening the
way you described in your post.

Perhaps try this equivalent formula which uses your named ranges:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(FIND(UCRS01,INDEX(WTB01,,1))),INDEX(WTB01 ,,MONTH(TODAY()+28)))

From my tests here, the above works ok. It won't pick up the extra account.
--
Max
Singapore
"johndonnelly" wrote:
I am using a DSUM formula to total up accounting entries for numerous
accounts. I use a named range for the database (WTB01) and a named range for
the Criteria (UCRS01) and a formula for the SUM column (MONTH(NOW()) +28) as
follows =DSUM(WTB01,MONTH(NOW()+28,UCRS01)

The criteria range values (in UCRS01) a

ACCT
446
446A
446B
446X
446Z
450
450A
450B
450Z

The formula works fine for all accounts in the range but it is summing an
extra acct it shouldn't named 446BA

It seems to be extending the criteria to all values whose first digits match
instead of requiring all digits to match.

I hope this is clear and thanks for the help.

John Donnelly