Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Count if all both apply

Try this:
Cell C1 contains the name of the district you want to match
Cell D1 contains the name of the teacher you want to match

This formula returns the count of that combination
=SUMPRODUCT((E1:E200=C1)*(H1:H200=D1))

or...a simpler approach:

=SUMPRODUCT((E1:E200="Camas")*(H1:H200="S"))

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Grams" wrote in message
Not sure I understand how to change your formula to match what is actually
in
my table.
The column with District names is E (rows 1 through 200) and the column
with
the teacher names is H (rows 1 through 200). So how would I change the
formula to get the correct count of ALL entries that have BOTH a specific
teacher (S) and a specific district (Camas).
Brain dead here....can I change the C1 and D1 to something like "Camas"
and
"S" and still have it work?