Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grams Grams is offline

Default Count if all both apply

Here is where my actually data is (range of both columns)
=SUMPRODUCT((E2:E200="Camas"),(H2:H200="Sonja Freitas"))

"Alan" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E2:E8="Camas"),--(H2:H8="S"))
Adjust the ranges to suit. 'Camas' and 'S' can be put into cells whish make
it easier, eg if you have 'Camas in A1 and 'S' in A2 then:-
=SUMPRODUCT(--(E2:E8=A1),--(H2:H8=A2))
To check 'Riddle', all you have to do is enter 'Riddle' into A1 and 'D' or
whatever to see other results,
Regards,
Alan.
"Grams" wrote in message
I have a column (E) that contains names of districts, and column a column
(H)
that contains names of teachers and I need to summarize how many times a
certain teacher is connected to a district. Both columns have multiple
entries in both columns. What equation would I use to find out how many
times teacher S is listed with an entry of district C (in other words, if
the
district was Camas, how many times would teacher S show up connected to
that
district). Clear as mud, I'm sure
District Teacher
Camas S