Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grams Grams is offline

Default Count if all both apply

Not sure I understand how to change your formula to match what is actually in
my table.
The column with District names is E (rows 1 through 200) and the column with
the teacher names is H (rows 1 through 200). So how would I change the
formula to get the correct count of ALL entries that have BOTH a specific
teacher (S) and a specific district (Camas).
Brain dead here....can I change the C1 and D1 to something like "Camas" and
"S" and still have it work?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

With your posted data in A1:B8

And:
C1: (a District...eg Camas)
D1: (a Teachre..eg S)

This formula returns the count of Camas/S combinations:
E1: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10=C1)*(B2:B10=D1))

Is that something you can work with?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Grams" wrote in message
I have a column (E) that contains names of districts, and column a column
(H)
that contains names of teachers and I need to summarize how many times a
certain teacher is connected to a district. Both columns have multiple
entries in both columns. What equation would I use to find out how many
times teacher S is listed with an entry of district C (in other words, if
the
district was Camas, how many times would teacher S show up connected to
that
district). Clear as mud, I'm sure
District Teacher
Camas S