Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:04:54 -0800, "Biff" wrote:

Which is exactly the point I was making when I said:

I would assume that people only list those holidays that
would fall on a business day. I'll bet most people have to
look at a calander to see when the holidays occur.

But the point that you are missing is that a person would likely list all the
holidays for a time frame -- let us say a year. And then might want to know
the number of workdays in a subset of that time frame -- let us say a month, or
a quarter.

Your formula would give an incorrect answer; especially since you do not
document the fact that in order to get an accurate answer, you must first
decide on the time frame for checking the number of workdays.

NETWORKDAYS does not have this limitation.

Under your formula, you would have to have separate lists of holidays to refer
to depending on the time frame for which you wanted to check the workdays. And
if you changed that time frame, you would have to change the holiday list.
While certainly doable, it just seems a lot more cumbersome than an approach
which allows you to set up a single list of holidays that encompasses all of
the workday time frames in which you might be interested.

--ron