Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
John McCombe John McCombe is offline

Default Charts: How can I get a date axis to include hours and minutes

Hi

I am creating a chart monitoring (my dog's) breathing rate over time. I
cannot check the rate at the same time each day so data entries are at
different times of day.

I have the date column in my spreadsheet in the format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm

When I go to make a simple line chart, if the horizontal axis is in date
format, it only resolve the day part of the information, and so all my data
for each day appears in the one horizontal place.

I can set the axis as text type, and I can then see each data point ok - but
it does not reflect the time element of my data.

Please can you advise me how to get around this?

many thanks

John