Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michele Michele is offline

Default Calculate Weighted Value

I have an RFP I am working on. I am scoring 3 different companies on a
variety of areas. Each area is weighted a certain percentage value. For
each area, I will give a score of 1-5 (5 being the greatest). I need a
formula to calculate the percentage for each area based on the score given
and the weighted percentage assigned. For example, the spreadsheet would
look like this:

A B C D
1 Area Weight Score Weighted

2 Hours 65% 3

3 Reporting 15% 4

4 Staff 20% 3

5 Total 100% 10

So what I need to figure out, is how do I calculate the value for column D
based on the score given against the assigned weight of each area? Any help
would be greatly appreciated!