Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Conditional formatting question

One way:

CF: Formula Is =COUNTIF(A1,"*D*")
Format: <pattern/<color

In article . com,
wrote:

I want a cell to be highlighted red if it contains the letter D AT
ALL. Not just highlighted if the cell ONLY has a D.

For Example: a cell that = "D 8/17" or "D 9/10" should be highlighted
red. The dates after the D will constantly be different, I just want
any cells with the capital letter D in them to be filled in w/red.

Any ideas on how to do this? Conditional formatting only allows me to
fill the cell with red if it equals JUST D. Not D + random date. Any
help is much appreciated, thanks!