Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to i capitalize all words in an existing worksheet?

I'll add my usual caveat about the posted macro.

It will wipe out any formulas in the used range and change them to values.

If any chance of formulas in the usedrange this revision will ignore them.

Sub caps()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If Not c.HasFormula Then
c.Value = UCase(c.Value)
End If
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 05:31:05 -0700, JW wrote:

Going by your post title, I'm assuming that you want EVERY word in the
worksheet converted to uppercase, correct? If so, you can edit Mike's
code to handle the used range within the worksheet.
Sub caps()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
c.Value = UCase(c.Value)
Next
End Sub

MegaGrl wrote:
I have a worksheet that contains approximately 2500 names. At this time all
names in in lowercase. I need to get them all into UPPERCASE. I know
there's got to be an easier way to do that rather then retyping each name.