Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chelle chelle is offline

Default sum with multiple criteria

The value in column b does matter, so I should have said sum. Occasionally
the value is -1, which is where I started having problems.
--
Chelle

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Looking again at your original question, I see that I was reading it as sum
b1:b4, given the criteria in columns a and c, but that you actually said
"count b1:b4". Do the values in b1:b4 matter, or are you merely counting
the rows in which the a and c criteria are met? If you're only counting
rows and the column b values are irrelevant, omit the *(B1:B4) term in my
equation.
--
David Biddulph

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A4=2800650)*(C1:C4=30200028)*(B1:B 4))

"chelle" wrote in message
I'm trying to add the values in a column if the row includes two
different
criteria:

2800650 1 30200028
2800650 1 30200028
2800650 1 30200028
2800750 1 30200028

if the value in column a="2800650", and the value in colum c="30200028"
then
sum b1:b4
(in this case would = 3)