Jon Peltier

Ken, thanks for the plug.

In short, Pivot Tables are a hugely powerful, dynamic, interactive tool for
analyzing data in any number of different ways. It's well worth the hour it may take
to figure them out.

Pivot charts capture some of this power in chart form, while at the same time
removing a lot of the functionality of regular charts. I sometimes use pivot charts,
but I'm more likely to make a regular chart, then remake it when the data changes
because it can't keep up with the size and shape of the pivot table the way a pivot
chart can. But the pivot chart loses all its formatting when the pivot table
changes, so that's not really much of a disadvantage.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Ken Wright wrote:

Take a look here for a guide to pivot tables and you should see the
benefits:-