Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default #DIV/0! How do I remove this answer?!?!?

How is a blank cell or a zero an error?

Peo Sjoblom

"Popey" wrote in message
I don't know if I am reading this right, but you do not want the "#DIV/0!"
show?

Why not simply select all the errors in that column, open the drop down
menu
that should appear immediately to the left of the error, and select
"ignore
error"? This will make all those annoying error messages in the selected
column disappear. It's what I do, and it works effectively. Saves all
that
messing about with altering/adding complex formulas for the same result.

"Rebekah" wrote:

I have multiple columns of data in another sheet and am using this
formula
(entered as an array) to provide an average based on conditions, one
column
reads "2a", and another reads "38" etc.

i thought that by by entering the IF formula to include "<0", this would
count all the data and return a zero value for a blank or zero value. (I
certainly hope this is making sense to somebody!!!)

=AVERAGE(IF('Summary Days'!$D$3:$D$65536="2A",(IF('Summary
Days'!$K$3:$K$65536=38,(IF('Summary Days'!$O$3:$O$1500<"0",'Summary
Days'!$O$3:$O$1500))))))

This formula works if in all columns there is a value above zero, but
returns "#DIV/0!" if not. This would be ok if my table wasn't presenting
data for a fixed period....
Please help!!!