flgc54

Default Can vlookup or hlookup look to other worksheets within a workbook.

Trying to use vlookup or hlookup in a multiple worsheet workbook. I need to
look at a cell and match to a range of cells in a table on another worksheet
then return another cells data. The lookup command is exactly what i need
but doesn't appear to allow the lookup range to be outside of hte current
worksheet. I have been able to work arounf this out by recreating the
original lookup range within the worksheet containing the Xlookup command
with a simple = command within the current worksheet. The redundency of this
and it's complexity with multiple lookup commands within multiple worksheets
(most of which are looking for various data contained in a range in a single
worksheet) is getting considerably less than elegant. Any other functions I
should look at? Any other ideas?