Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Default Using the function DSUM

Hi,

Years ago I was able to use the function DSUM to work successfully for me.
Now it won't give me the expected result. Is there something that I have
forgotten or failed to observe correctly? Step 1 shows my database. Step 2
shows how I defined my criteria. In Step 3, where the word DSUM is, I
entered the function "=DSUM(Database,"Dividend",Criteria) " and got the
correct dividend sum for company AAAA. However, nothing else was shown for
the other companies. Any help here is much appreciated.

1. Database:
Date Company Dividend
12/7/03 AAAA 1250.65
24/4/05 BBBB 2345.27
........ ..... .......
........ ..... .......
16/2/04 ZZZZ 1469.02
........ ..... .......
........ ..... .......
7/12/06 MMMM 3218.10
........ ..... .......
........ ..... .......

2. Setting Criteria: 2 columns and 2 rows
Company Dividend
AAAA

3. Desired Result:
AAAA DSUM <-- =DSUM(Database,"Dividend",Criteria)
BBBB <-- Shows blank, when the sum is expected
here.
CCCC <-- Shows blank, when the sum is expected
here.
------- <-- Shows blank, when the sum is expected
here.
------- <-- Shows blank, when the sum is expected
here.
ZZZZ <-- Shows blank, when the sum is expected
here.

TIA
Tom