Dennis Harrelson

Thanks, Ken.
That looks like it will work, but I guess I understated the problem. The
values in the original row which I need to copy to 'sheet2'columnA are the
sums of their respective columns, which are in turn carried from yet a third
sheet. So I need to have 'sheet1'columnA='sheet2'row1, which will vary
depending on input on 'sheet3'. As an added complication, the values
on'sheet3' are not directly inputed, but derived from formulae on that
sheet.
Thanks again,
Dennis
"Ken Wright" wrote in message
On the sheet you want your column. Initially create a row that links
straight back to the source data, but don't have this row cross the column
you want to put your data in. So what you have now is simply a row that
equals the other row. Select the range, edit / replace, replace = with
%%.
Copy range, paste special / transpose to where you want your column,
select
data in column, edit / replace, replace %% with =.

Delete the helper range.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Dennis Harrelson" wrote in message
Hello, Folks
I need to have a column of values on one sheet equal a row of values on a
different sheet. i.e.: 'sheet2'A1='sheet1'A1; 'sheet2'A2='sheet1'B1;
'sheet2'A3='sheet1'C1; etc. Is there a way to do this using edit/fill or
copy? It's way too tedious to type every cell in, or even to click from

one
sheet to the other for every cell, but I can't find any short cut.
TIA,
Dennis