Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Top 10 in descending order

A1:A40 is client list
B1:B40 is quantity ordered

In C1: =IF(B1="","",B1-ROW()/10^10)
In D1: =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(LARGE(C:C,ROW()),C:C,0))
Select C1:D1, copy down to D40. Hide away col C. Col D returns an auto-sort
of clients in descending order by qty ordered. Any clients with ties (ie
same qty ordered) will be listed in the same relative order that they appear
within A1:A40. Just read-off the top xx as needed.
--
Max
Singapore
"Esradekan" wrote in message
ps.com...
I need what is probably a simple formula.
I know filtering will do it, but this is from an unattended workbook,
so a formula would be best.

A1:A40 = range named "clients"
B1:B40 = range called "selection"
C1:C10 = result.

A1:A40 is client list
B1:B40 is quantity ordered
C1:C10 is required in order of largest to smallest, top ten, names
only, not amounts

TYIA
Esra