Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shailendra Harri Shailendra Harri is offline

Default Starting payment when increase rate is known & total payment i

Dear Fred,

Thank you for this, I looked at this formula and tried this before but could
not figure this out, as the unknown was the present value. But I have learnt
something from this as the present value in your formula is "0". Can you
explain the logic here, i am assuming this is because this value is unknown
and can be replaced with "0".
--
Thank you in advance

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You have a simple future value problem. Your future value is 5000, interest rate
10% and term 5 years. Use:

=pmt(10%,5,0,-5000,0)

Fred

"Shailendra Harri" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a function that can provide the the starting payment and
the subsequent payments thereafter to reach a total as defined.

Example:
Total payments must be 5000 over 5 years. The increase rate is 10% every
year, so what will the starting payment be.

I have been able to figure this out using Algebra type mathematical
formula's in excel, however i believe there must be a function that can very
easily achieve this more quickly. The field Total payments, no of payments
and increase rate is known, while the unknown is the starting payment and the
payments subsequent to that.
--
Thank you in advance
Shailendra Harri