Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PEGWINN PEGWINN is offline

Default COUNT CELLS WITH CONDITIONAL FORMATTING

Ok,

a1:a6 are input. Six numbers (1,2,3,4,5,6)

b1:b6 is input from another range. (1,7,9,15,17,21,34,67,89)

I need to count the matches. The obvious answer is 1 in this example.

It's on the tip of my brain, teetering, just waiting to fall into place.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Don't count based on formatting. Count based on: "matching an input value."

But, we'd need the details!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PEGWINN" wrote in message
Hi. I must have missed a function somewhere. I have a range of numbers
that
have conditional formatting based on matching an input value. What I would
like to do is count the cells that are conditionally formatted. I tried
the
count functions but cannot find an argument to identify formatting
differences. TIA -- Phil