Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Coles2020 Coles2020 is offline

Default Deleting unwanted lead spaces throughout a worksheet

David
I selected the colon ":" as the delimiter.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

What did you choose as delimiters? Spaces? Tabs?
--
David Biddulph

"Coles2020" <Onward2000 wrote in message
NOTE
Here's something I just discovered. When I copied the email results into
Excel I selected the "Delimited" choice rather than the "Fixed" width
choice
in the "Text to Columns" function. That is what put the extra "spaces" in
front of my "1" entries. Does that help anyone to know how to get rid of
those "spaces"?

"Coles2020" wrote:

Kassie
That didn't work at all. It just deleted all the cells I highlighted.

"kassie" wrote:

copy an empty cell on your worksheet. Now select the range with the
leading
spaces, right click, slect Paste Special, select the Add operation
option,
and OK out. That normally converts numbers written as text back to
numbers.

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Coles2020" wrote:

I have FrontPage email me the result of a survey form -- with both
the
question and the response. If the person selects a particular
question the
result is "1". However, when I copy and paste the emailed results
into Excel
the "1" is preceded by several spaces so that I cannot perform any
calculations.

Is there an easy way to remove those leading spaces from all cells
(both
rows and columns) in my worksheets?

Thank you.