Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dell Boy Dell Boy is offline

Default Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net

Hi Emily,

Thanks for this, hope you have a great weekend to!

Malcolm

"Emily Lin" wrote:

Hi Malcom,

Thanks for your reply. Regarding the second senario, I need take a while to testing it and check if it is also a known issue in Excel 2007.
Thanks for your patience.

I think that it is because of your Technet subscription to managed newsgroups.

Happy weekend!

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

www.microsoft.com/security

| ================================================== ====
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| ================================================== ====
| This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| ================================================== ====
|

| --------------------
| | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Net
| | Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:52:01 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| |
| | Hi Emily,
| |
| | I've been able to do some more work on this since I last posted. The problem
| | occurs when they're sharing Excel spreadsheets (and only Excel spreadsheets)
| | created in their earlier version of Excel. I've had them save all the
| | spreadsheets they want to share as .docx and they tell me that the problem
| | doesn't happen. It loks like it's some sort of bug in Excel 2007
| | compatibility mode when sharing spreadsheets in the way I've detailed.
| |
| | It would be interesting to hear if MSFT have any further info on this. I've
| | subscribed to TechNet managed newsgroups so I'm hoping they will pick this up.
| |
| | "Emily Lin" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | Does the issue only occur with Excel 2007? Please put other files such as *.docx, *.txt in the shared folder. Open it on the
| computer
| | with the share. And then on other computers, open the *.docx, *.txt files to test the issue. What is the result?
| |
| | Based on my testing on two computers with Windows Vista and Office 2007, such a situation cannot be reproduced. What is
your
| | specific settings on the computer, for example, did you change the TEMP folder location, did you do special setting in Excel2
007,
| | others?
| |
| | You can Repair Office 2007 to see if it works. Also, check Excel safe mode.
| | --------------------
| | 1. Open the Excel file on the computer with share.
| | 2. On another computer, click the Start menu type excel /safe in the search bar, press ENTER.
| | 3. Click File Open to open the same Excel file on the shared folder. What is the result?
| |
| | If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
| |
| | Sincerely,
| |
www.microsoft.com/security
| | ================================================== ====
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| | so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
| | ================================================== ====
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
| | ================================================== ====
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: ?B?RGVsbCBCb3k=?= <Dell am
| | | Subject: Error Sharing Excel 2007 Spreadsheet On Vista Peer-To-Peer Network
| | | Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 05:50:01 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.setup
| | |
| | | I've just upgraded a small business from Win XP and Office 2000 to Vista and
| | | Office 2007. They have three Vista machines (a Home Premium laptop and two
| | | Vista Ultimate PCs) networked peer-to-peer with a shared folder on one of the
| | | PCs containing various Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
| | |
| | | When the user on the PC with the shared folder has a spreadsheet open and
| | | the user on the other PC tries to open it, Excel locks up and they get the
| | | following Vista error:
| | |
| | | A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
| | |
| | | Problem signatu
| | | Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
| | | Application Name: EXCEL.EXE
| | | Application Version: 12.0.6024.5000
| | | Application Timestamp: 465f21c3
| | | Hang Signatu c776
| | | Hang Type: 0
| | | OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
| | | Locale ID: 2057
| | | Additional Hang Signature 1: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | | Additional Hang Signature 2: b826
| | | Additional Hang Signature 3: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | | Additional Hang Signature 4: c776
| | | Additional Hang Signature 5: 65dc5429230d5a9288797c8f600c1be6
| | | Additional Hang Signature 6: b826
| | | Additional Hang Signature 7: 2c8741727759f200a8742beb442a973f
| | |
| | | The second user is trying to open the spreadsheet to view it, rather than
| | | make any changes, and this used to work perfectly on their old machines.
| | |
| | |
| | | For info, this works perfectly well the other way round, i.e. if the user on
| | | the PC without the share opens a spreadsheet first and then the user on the
| | | computer with the share opens the same spreadsheet there isn't a problem.
| | |
| | | Can anyone advise?
| | |
| | | I have also posted this problem in the Vista networking discussion group as
| | | I'm unsure exactly where the problem lies.
| | |
| |
| |
| |