Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
yshridhar yshridhar is offline

Default displaying pictures

Thank you Mr. McGimpsey. The second option you mentioned storing the
filenames, how could this be achieved?
My sincere thanks to you Mr. McGimpsey
Sridhar

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

FOr 1000 pictures, I'd think you'd be better off using a database
appication, like MySQL, or even Access. Even thumbnails are going to
make your workbook huge.

Alternatively, storing the picture filenames in the records, and using a
macro to load the referenced picture, then delete it when the record is
dismissed.

In article ,
yshridhar wrote:

I am sorry to post the query once again. I main school data base in excel.
The database has around 1000 student entries. It contians student id,
student particulars, fee structure and etc. What i want is i would like to
incorporate the photos of the students and when i select the student id, i
would like to get the std-data with his/her photo. I tried McGimpsey
"lookuppictures". It is allowing me only about 75 pictures. How can i store
the photos of all the 1000 students? Is there any way in Excel?
with heart felt thanks to all from Sridhar
Sridhar