Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default displaying pictures

FOr 1000 pictures, I'd think you'd be better off using a database
appication, like MySQL, or even Access. Even thumbnails are going to
make your workbook huge.

Alternatively, storing the picture filenames in the records, and using a
macro to load the referenced picture, then delete it when the record is
dismissed.

In article ,
yshridhar wrote:

I am sorry to post the query once again. I main school data base in excel.
The database has around 1000 student entries. It contians student id,
student particulars, fee structure and etc. What i want is i would like to
incorporate the photos of the students and when i select the student id, i
would like to get the std-data with his/her photo. I tried McGimpsey
"lookuppictures". It is allowing me only about 75 pictures. How can i store
the photos of all the 1000 students? Is there any way in Excel?
with heart felt thanks to all from Sridhar
Sridhar