Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ExcelHelpNeeded ExcelHelpNeeded is offline

Default Excel Formatting

On Sep 20, 11:48 am, dberger16 wrote:
In my spreadsheet, I would like to find all the "and" words and then
CAPITALIZE the very next letter or word in the same cell.

Thanks!
--
DaveB

You could first determine whether the cell contains the word "and" by
using the Find function.
Eg. Upper and Lower - your syntax would be =find("and",cell). This
will tell you where "and" starts. In this case-7. So your entire
dataset should have numbers and if it does not, it should return a
weird value or 0. The next step would then be to Captalize it using
the Upper function. So you could write an If statement= If(cell value
0, upper(the original cell value) else return orginal value) and it

will capitalize the word in that cell or leave it the way it was
This may be a slightly long way of doing it but it should work