Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
excel-chump[_2_] excel-chump[_2_] is offline

Default NEED HELP QUICK!

I have until the end of the day (5pm est) to resolve this issue!
Now that I have your suggestion working I have a followup question:

I select "Agency" in H1 that allows input into H2
I put in "4.5", which reads as $4.50
I then change in H1 to "Permanent Resident"
H2 still displays "$4.50"

How do I get H2 to return blank when neither "Agency" or "Employee Traveler"
is chosen after the previous steps have been taken? Clearly the field can be
cleared manually, but I want to take out the human error of forgetting to go
back and change this.

-------------------------------
"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

Select H2
Goto DataValidation
Allow: Custom
Formula: =AND(OR($H$1="Agency",$H$1="Employee Traveler"),ISNUMBER($H$2))
Uncheck: Ignore blank
OK

Format H2 as CURRENCY

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"excel-chump" wrote in message
I'm not sure I explained it properly. I want to replace the "0.5" in the
statement with an option that allows ANY number, in currency format, to be
entered in cell H2 (H2 is where the data validation function is located.)
The function I listed below is currently working. Would a wildcard allow
the
user to input data in H2?

"JNW" wrote:

Go to the Error message tab. Would unchecking the error option do what
you
are looking for?

If not, what cell is the validation in?
--
JNW

"excel-chump" wrote:

I'm trying to set up a function in "data validation", "other".

=IF(OR(H1="Agency",H1="Employee Traveler")," ",0.5)

So far this works. However, I want to modify it to allow the user to
input
any amount if it returns false. Is there a way to do this within the
function above or do I need to delve more into VBA?

Any amount of help would be grand.