Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Plot Area Fill Cut Off When Printed

I think PowerPoint's better than Excel at gradient fill patterns. I usually
just avoid such effects.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Rutabaga" wrote in message
Well, when I copied the chart to PowerPoint and printed from there, it
turned
out fine. Good enough for me. Not sure why it doesn't print properly
from
Excel.

"Rutabaga" wrote:

Hello,

Excel 2003 on XP

I print an Excel column chart on a plotter. The Plot Area has a
one-color,
shaded background (horizontal light yellow fading to white). Print
preview
looks fine, with the entire plot area filled with the assigned fill
effect.
When I print, the fill leaves about 5% of the plot area white on the left
side. It doesn't appear to line up with anything in particular--it just
starts distanced away from the y-axis on the left. Any idea why?