Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LauriS LauriS is offline

Default Bubble chart basics

Using 2000 I am trying to come up with a meaningful sample of a bubble chart
for the charting class I teach and I'm having a really tough time. I know
nothing of bubble charts. I have been searching the group and web for some
time now trying to figure out where I'm going wrong.

Here's my data:

Region Avg Stay Patients
North 1.8 1208
East 2.3 2304
South 1.1 961
West 3.4 1936

Here's what I want to get when I use the bubble chart - the region names as
the X axis values, the average stay as the y axis and the bubble size
indicating the number of patients.

What I GET is the numbers 1 through 6 as the X axis values instead of the
region names. The size of the bubbles is correct as is the Y axis - just the
bottom axis is not what I expect.

If I put the data label values on the series I get the region names - but
I'm thinking they should be part of the bottom axis.

Where am I going wrong??

Lauri S.