Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Calculating with time

1 hour is 1/24th of a day so to change times into numbers multiply by 24:

(End Time - Start Time) * 24 * Wage Rate

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Satya Nanduri" <Satya
wrote in message
I have a worksheet to calculate wages. I enter the start time, finish time
and the pay rate. I need to get the wages payable which is a simple
multiplication of hours and the pay rate. But when I do that calculation,
am getting the value based on time value x the pay rate, but not the
actual
value. Ex: 8:00 hours x $ 20 returns 6.67 in the wages field.

Can someone help me how to get the actual value in wages field?