Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jilly Jilly is offline

Default Can you sort by most to least often recurring number in Excel?

Thank you Gary''s Student!! I was using a helper column, but the =log
formula, and I couldn't quite get it right. This is great! Thanks!!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just use a "helper" column:

If your values are in A1 thru A100, then in B1 enter:

=COUNTIF(A$1:A$100,A1) and copy down

Then sort the pair of columns by column B descending
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200745

"Jilly" wrote:

I know there is a Mode formula to find the most often recurring number, but
can I build on that and sort the list to have the most often recurring number
at the top and least often at the bottom and vice versa?