Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Enter number in cell and have it divide by 4

Nope... I have used both the technique that Earl suggested and the technique
that I showed successfully.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Chey" wrote:

I tired this and it did not work twords my advantage.

Sorry

Do you know any other techniques.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Here is one method. You can do this without using macros by doing a little
bit of slight of hand... The jist of it is to hide the value that you enter
by formatting it to not show and then use the camera object to show the
results of a formula.

Assuming you are dealing with cell A1 on Sheet1... For Sheet 1 A1 make the
font colour the same as the background colour. Add the formula =Sheet1!A1/4
in cell A1 on Sheet 2. Select Tools - Options - View and uncheck Gridlines.
Now follow the oddity outlined here...

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd04.htm

I like this method because you do not need to enable macros and the original
value entered by the user is there in the cell (shows in the formula bar when
the cell is selected).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Chey" wrote:

I have a cell that when I type the number for example 12 I want it to return 3
So the Number I type in divided by 4.
I have some other cells I am going to do with the number 8 and so on.
Thanks
Cheyenne