Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Find the most recent date

With ID in Column A and Date in Column B try:

=MAX((A2:A8=2)*(B2:B8))

This is an array formula which must be entered with Ctrl + Shift + Enter
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Access Joe" wrote in message
Hey all,

Is there a way to find / fitler by the most RECENT date entry. I.E. I
have
the following data set:

ID DATE
1 12/2/2006
1 12/7/2006 (this is the date I want displayed for THAT patient ID)
2 4/6/2007 (this is the date I want displayed for THAT patient ID)
2 7/7/2006
3 9/9/2007
3 8/7/2007
3 9/10/2007 (this is the date I want displayed for THAT patient ID)

You see, each patient comes in on different dates. What I need to see and
analyze are JUST those dates for each patient that were the most recent.
Is
there a way to perform a filter that does this?

Thanks!