Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ewb1017 ewb1017 is offline

Default Need to remove unused rows and columns to minumize size

The process you gave removes all data entered into the worksheet which is not
what I think was requested.
I have a similar problem. I need to reduce worksheets to a minimum size and
so want to minimize the number of rows and columns to a minimum (especially
rows). It seems that Excel does not shrink the size of the worksheet
automatically, I may have 50,000 to 65,000 rows of raw data when I start, by
the time I filter out bad and unnecessary data I could have it reduced to
5000 rows, all the rest are now blank but Excel does not remove the blank
cells. How can I do that ?

Regards
Ed
"Pranav Vaidya" wrote:

I am not sure if you want to remove the used cells etc, however this might
help..

go to cell A1 on the desired worksheet
hit CTRL+SHIFT+END this will select the editted region on the worksheet
hit CTRL+ - (hyphen) this will delete all the cells
save the work book.
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Irishcauffey" wrote:

I am working with a very large workbook and need to remove unformated or used
rows and columsn. I am new to excel and need some help please.