Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Aksel Jim Aksel is offline

Default Determing Range Criteria

I have a series of numbers. For all intents an purposes the range is
-infinity to +infinity. All values are integers, and there may be
multiples... Example, there may be a quantity of 40 with a value of "15".
The numbers are in random order and cannot be sorted.

Determining the min/max is easy: =Min(A1:A65000) and Max(A1:A65000).

I want to determine the largest negative value and the smallest positive
value. I don't care about its position or frequency of occurence, only the
value is important to me.

Do I need to write my own function in VBA or is there something easy I am
missing?