Marc Berris

Default Converting DBF Files to Excel

I am running Office 2000 and Windows XP. This is a new computer that
replaced an old Windows 98 system.

On my old computer, whenever I received an e-mail with a DBF file as an
attachment I could simply double-click the attachment and it would
automatically open up in Excel.

On the new system, when I double-click the attachment I get a series of
error messages indicating that the file cannot be found.

If I save the attachment to disk I am always able to open it in Excel,
however it is a hassle to have to save the DBF file and then manually open
it. I would prefer to simply be able to double-click the attachment to open
it.

The DBF file type is associated with Excel, but something tells me that the
commands are screwed up.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem? Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--

Marc Berris