Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default cannot change tab color

Sharing a spreadsheet is a type of protection. So while it is in shared mode
it is essentially protected. To change the tab colour you need to take it out
of shared mode and then make your change. You can then put it back into
shared mode...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Joe Murphy" wrote:

Using Excel2003 and tabs whose color were changed cannot be changed back.
When I right-click the tab, Tab Color menu item is grayed out.

The only unusual thing about this spreadsheet is that it is a shared
spreadsheet, but even when the other user closed out Excel and we resaved
theversion of the document on my computer, it still did not allow for the
tab color to be changed.

Thanks,
JM