jjjJackieCalifornia

Doesn't work ... I already have data ... thousands of entries ... can't go
back and put a zero in front of each number, but thanks ...this is a really
tricky problem.

"CLR" wrote:

Format the Zip code column as TEXT and enter the leading zero normally as
any other character.........then FIND will "find" it...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"jjjJackieCalifornia" wrote
in message ...
I have a large excel worksheet - zip codes, cities, states, area codes ...

need to be able to sort as well as find. Problem comes in with states that
have zips starting with zero. I can get them to appear correctly as custom

or
special, but not able to do cntrl-find and bring up ... I can't believe I
can't figure this out ...