Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Truncating cells

One way:

Choose Data/Text to Columns... Choose Delimited with a space. in the
Third pane of the Text to Columns dialog, select the columns after the
first and choose "Do not import column (skip)".

(If all numbers are the same length, choose Fixed instead, and click
between the number and the first text, then proceed as above).

In article ,
Simon wrote:

I have a column of cells formatted as text containing a number and text i.e:
123.123 text text text
I need some way of truncating the cell to only show the number for
calculation purposes. Any Ideas?