Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Daren Daren is offline

Default Counting Occurences Formulas

Thanks. I also need to know how much time was used in the one hour time
band. Is there a function that can help with that?
thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This =AND(HOUR(A1)=7,HOUR(B1)=8) gives you a start
If B3 is displaying 24:15 by virtue of a custom format [h]:mm then I would
use
=AND(HOUR(A2)=23,HOUR(B1)=0)

This will also work =AND(HOUR(A1)=D1,HOUR(B1)=E1) when D1 and E1 hold
values 7 and 8.

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Daren" wrote in message
I am trying to find out if something occurred between certain hours of the
day. I am looking at 1 hour time bands between 5 pm and 6 am, which is
between 17:00 and 6:00. I need a formula that will compare the start and
end
times (between 17:00 and 6:00, and return a True value if it occurs in
each
one hour time band. For example, I want a True returned if something
occurred between 17:00 and 18:00, in which case that something's actual
times
are 17:15 and 17:45. So since these times are between that 17:00 and
18:00,
I want a True entered. How can I write a formula for this? Also, is
there
any exception to the formula when going past 24:00?
thanks.