Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Converting from feet, inches and fractions to inches and decimal p

It will be a complex formula (almost finished), but to avoid problems
with converting cell references can you tell me which is the first
cell that this will apply to in your sheet, eg F2, and which column
you want the formula to go into? Then I can give you the exact formula
which you will be able to copy/paste into your sheet.

Pete

On Sep 17, 10:06 pm, Dee wrote:
Morning,

We have a program that exports a table from Auto-cad to Excel, using a
program called TableBuilder. It exports using feet, inches and fractions eg
6'-5 1/2" or 4'-0".

I'm looking for a way to convert this to inches and decimal points and all
the -, ', " removed.
for example 6'-5 1/2" will be 77.5 and 4'-0" will be 48

Any ideas? It's a huge spreadsheet and doing each conversion individually
will drive me nuts.

Cheers in advance

Dee