Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Start Date on X Axis

If your X data are in dates, make sure you have a date scale axis. Go to
Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab, and make sure the Time Scale option
is selected under Category Axis. Then you should be able to double click on
the X axis and set the axis parameters you want.

The best way to learn the other options is to toggle each on and off to see
how the chart appearance changes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
774-275-0064
208-485-0691 fax

http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Frank C" wrote in message
It is a Column Chart. BTW I have Office 2003.
thanks

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Is it a bar or a column chart?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Frank C" wrote in message
I have a simple bar chart where I want the date in the form of mo/dy to
start
at 9/12 and go to 9/17 on the X axis.
I have the form and increment correct but I can't get the start date
correct
I am trying to use the scale tab on format axis.
What does Value (Y) axis crosses at mean also, between dates, maximum
value
and entered value?
Thanks