Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Can I create multiple formats of text in a formula?

hi,
if i understand you correctly, no.
you can have multiple formats in a cell but not with a formula. multiple
formats require exact start and stop points within the cell and a formula may
return varing lengths of numbers/text depending. also vb reads the contents
of the cell to decide multiple formats and what is in the cell is a formula
which may not have the same number of characters in the results that the
formula returns.
so i would guess that your are thinking of another program. wild guess.

sorry.
FSt1

"bvandame7766" wrote:

I'm trying to set up an "if" statement that says if a cell equals "no" to
enter a question in regular text and then display the possible answers in
bolded text right afterwards. I think I remember seeing it somewhere, but I
can't remember how to do it or if I'm thinking of another program.