Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default Alert messages, running totals, connecting spreadsheets or cells

I need to be able to generate alert messages based on the result of a
calculation. I'll use the example of a checkbook and bank statement balance
to explain what I'd like to do. I need to be able to calculate running
totals, for example, as you would with your check book and that running total
needs to be connected to another spreadsheet or another cell on the same
spreadsheet (for example a bank statement running total). Also I need to
connect the two spreadsheets or areas of the spreadsheet, so that if I enter
an amount in the checkbook, it is reconciled with the bank statement balance.
I need to calculate total outstanding checks, and final checkbook balance
and final bank statement balance (& difference if they are out of balance)
and then generate either Out of Balance or Good Balance alerts. I would
appreciate any help. thank you.
--
Cheryl