JulieD

good to hear :)

"twa14" wrote in message
Julie D

Many thanks, one less in the nuthouse, straitjacket has been removed.

Regards

Tom Walsh

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

sounds like the password is on the saving of the file not the "under the
menu" -
to fix
open it the file (by putting the password in)
choose file / save as - while in the save dialog box choose "tools" /
general options and delete the password out of there.
save the file and give it a go again

Cheers
JulieD

"twa14" wrote in message
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet of an ex colleague I get the password
dialogue
box. I fill in the password and the sheet opens. I then save the
spreadsheet
under a new name. I then go to the menu's to remove the password
protection,
but according to the menu there is no password to remove. I close the
spreadsheet and reopen it. Again the password box appears, I fill in
the
same
password and the sheet opens. I then tried the "allinternalpasswords"
macro
from John Mcglinchey. It indicated that something had been removed but
the
result stayed the same. The !@#$% password dialog box keeps coming
back.
Does
anyone have an idea about this, Please hurry as I'm being fitted for a
straitjacket.

Regards, Tom Walsh