Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Finding Average with Criteria

Hi Mike,

Try using AutoFilter coupled with the Subtotal function. You then have a
dynamic worksheet where you can select any range of dates.

In pre xl2007 in AutoFilter you need to used Custom when setting the filter
and in xl2007 you can simply select the required dates.

Example of subtotal function is:-
=SUBTOTAL(1,B2:B18)
Where B2:B18 is the entire range of the unfiltered data.

You can get more information on the above in Help but post again if you have
problems.

Tip when using AutoFilter to make life easy:-

Set your column headers down from the top of the worksheet to about row 4
and then Freeze panes below the column headers and place your subtotal
function above the headers in the frozen area. You then never loose sight of
the column headers or your subtotal results.

Regards,

OssieMac

"Mike R." wrote:

hi!
I have a worksheet in which each row is a different job opening with 4
columns = Job, Recruiter, # Days Open, Close Date. I would like to find the
average # of days open for each recruiter within a Close Date range. On the
worksheet, a recruiter may have 10 jobs within a Close Date range, and I
would like to know the average of the ten.

I am toying around with using SUMPRODUCT, but can't get it to work right.
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Mike