Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashman Ashman is offline

Default Using a date (datevalue) to trigger adding a value to a cell

Thanks very much for your help.

"OssieMac" wrote:

Enter $50,000 against the first date and then enter this formula in the cell
under it and then copy the formula to the bottom.

Assumes you have column headers and therefore first date in cell A2 and
$50,000 in cell B2. Enter formula in B3 and copy down.

=IF(OR(MONTH(A3)=1,MONTH(A3)=7),B2+500,B2)

Regards,

OssieMac

"Ashman" wrote:

I have a list of the months over the next 3 years in column A (format is
01-Jan-08). Next to that list there is another list of values (starting at
$50,000) next to each date. In January and July each year (except for Jan
08), I want $500 added to the $50,000, so by the end of the 2nd year, the
value is $52,000. Do I use DATEVALUE in an IF or something else? Below is
an example of what I mean. Please help!

A B
.
.