Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Vishal Madhvani Vishal Madhvani is offline

Default How do I create a chart out of a list, instead of number values?

I'm trying to create a Pie Chart from a list of Questionnaire results.
Each questionnaire's results will be recorded in a row.

For example, one of the questions is "Gender?" and I have asked 5 people.
Results: Male = 3, Female = 2

My Spreadsheet therefore looks like this:

1| Gender
2| Male
3| Female
4| Male
5| Female
6| Male

Instead of:

A | B
1| Gender
2| Male | Female
3| 3 | 2

I can't get a graph for the first one, but can for the second.

You might be thinking why I don't want to use the 2nd method.
Well the reason is, I want to be able to cross reference the results.
So for example I could create a graph to show that most Females showed a
perticular instest in one thing but not the other.

The 2nd method doesn't allow me to do that, and cross referencing is just
allows me to add that extra bit of analysis.

Thank you